Thursday, October 11, 2018

Stop Trying to Get a Pass for Being Honest

Honesty is the best policy right? I think it is, but not because there’s some bonus points for being transparent. Nah; that’s not it or at least it shouldn't be. I see it as a sign of mutual respect. I’ll be straight with you and you’ll be straight with me; keeping the cards face up at all times. Oh I guess I should say this in application of personal relationships.

Every once in a while a young lady hops on my line in that space between just texting and actual going on a date to drop a huge bucket of truth. “This is what I need. This is what’s wrong with me. My life is pretty much in shambles but what’s up tho? You trying to hook up for drinks or something?” And it leaves me like “I’m good love; enjoy.” I tend not to quote Nayvadius DeMun Wilburn verbatim but I normally fade to black (and by normally I mean always). The honesty is much appreciated, like thank you for saying what’s real but I don’t want no parts of that shit. A lot of people expect to be rewarded for being candid off some “Oh you’s a real ass person so I’m just going to leap frog over that mountain of red flags and push forward.”
 
See here it is… the odds are significantly against you if you think somebody that has their shit together is willing to entertain all your issues while you try to get you "attempt" to get your shit together. This also goes for my “good black men” that are going thru a rough patch and looking for a woman to give him a chance when it’s a guy with a E-class Benz and a good job is on her line. Nope. Ain’t nobody trying to Netflix and Chill for a whole summer because you owe back child support and they are docking your pay. Now somebody might just take a chance on you but if they don’t you can’t be mad. Most people won't knowingly buy something that's already broken.
 
Coming clean for your wrong doings 
 
To err is human. We all make mistakes and shit. We fall down but we get up. Nobody’s perfect. Toss in whatever other fake inspirational quotes about fucking up. You forgot to take the chicken out of the freezer to defrost. You cheated. You stole a 20 out of her purse. You killed his mama bird. Whatever you may have done wrong you will get no extra kudos for coming clean. Granted getting caught up can be considerably worst but that doesn’t mean being straight up is going to get you into the clear. Sorry. Your wrong might be a deal breaker.
 
Speaking on your past
 
It’s a lot of folks out here with skeletons in their closet. Over the last year or so it’s been a lot of surprise rapist that popped on my timeline talking that “You ain’t never got a girl drunk of the Hen Dawg and went in on that ass when she was half sleep”. You stole the pussy my guy. Anyway it’s a lot of folks that have done some different types of shit in their past that can be frown upon. Yes your past does define you. That’s why credit scores are a thing.
 
Just stop it kid
Jean DeGrate has spoken

No comments:

Post a Comment