Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I Don't

I don't give to foreign charities
I remember when the earthquake hit Haiti. I was quick to open and my wallet and send a $1000 to a 3rd world country in strife. I was so proud of myself it was by far the single largest donation I'd ever done. Two days after I cut the check somebody broke into my neighbor's car and stole $6 in change and a pack of winter fresh gum. Then it hit me "Why the fuck am I sending my money to help some grief stricken people on island when I got people starving steps away from my front door?" Helping those people in far away lands isn't helping me. Giving 65 cents a day to famished Africans isn't helping my community. It isn't stopping the starving crackheads from climbing thru my window at night and it's not starting after school programs that keep these knuckleheads from robbing my mother in the grocery store parking lot. I feel sorry for them people across seas struggling but if I can spare it I'm going to take care of home and leave all that world saving to Obama and them.

I don't feed into religion too much
I believe in God but the concept of organized religion doesn't really move me. I was raised Catholic even spent a few Sundays in the Lord's house. I think my faith in religion started turning left around the time I saw somebody catch the Holy Ghost and pass out; I couldn't chance Jesus wanted me to jump around like a fool then fallout for the entire congregation to see. The holes and the contradictions in the good book are a totally different issue. I do good because it's in my heart to do good, not because of the fear of spending eternity in hell or time in jail.

I don't run away from where I come from
I grew up in the hood. I love the hood. I love us. I see so many of us in rushing to get out of the hood. Rushing to get far far away from everything they've known as soon as they get a little bit of money. I grew up made enough money to get out of hood and stayed right there, with my people. I did buy more guns though.

I don't feed into this celebrity bullshit
I don't care if Rihanna and Chris Brown are back together (unless they make a sex tape I'm totally interested in a Rihanna sex tape). I care not for the on goings of the rich and famous if it doesn't entertain me. A millionaire punched another millionaire in the face at the club and that millionaire had to get snitches. I'm sure his money and otherwise awesome life will comfort him through his anguish but I will give no fucks.

And this is what happens when you really don't have shit to write about
Jean DeGrate ain't said shit


No comments:

Post a Comment