Sunday, October 14, 2012

Hitting Women... The Uppercut Incident

"She wanna act like a man I'mma treat her like a man"

I don't hit women... shit I don't even beat my daughter and she surely has earned an ass whopping or two in her short life. Do I condone hitting women? Absolutely and unequivocally. Yeah I got a mother, a daughter and a sister and yeah I wouldn't want any of them to receive a beating from a man or woman, but on with the blog. I've seen women do things that certainly warranted a beat down. I'm not talking that verbal bullshit because as a woman you automatically get a pass on talking shit. I've seen women go off and physically assault men twice their size. Some of those men simply walked away (and I'm sure God is smiley down on those fellas) and some of those men beat sparks out of them bitches (I'm pretty sure God isn't smiley down on them but I wasn't mad at them dudes though).

The line of disrespect
It's an imaginary line or threshold for the amount of disrespect a man will take. In most cases that line is in a different place when dealing with members of the opposite sex. I.e. a man to man situation where somebody accidentally steps on one's new Jordans may very well end in a shootout, several murders and jail time. Now if a woman committed the same offense it would simply be brushed off. See the line of disrespect for women to cross is normally much farther up the road for the men that don't follow the Ike Turner ideology. Women habitually take advantage of this liberty.

We are equals
Women have the right to vote, equal pay and other types of dope shit. So why not equal consequences for your actions? If you poke a bear you'll probably get mauled and it doesn't matter if you own a vagina or not. That glass ceiling in place when it comes to physical violence won't always be a saving grace.

Ready for the consequences
If woman is going to act unladylike and raise her hand towards any person be it male or female she should be ready for the repercussions of her actions. The determining factor of what those consequences will is always in the hands of the defender. When I saw the uppercut for the first 17 times I was shocked, not because he hit a woman, but because he opted to use that punch. Whose first punch is an uppercut? I thought it was just and this is why...

If she was a man
I saw the video several times. I saw how she was carrying on and if she was a 25 year old man acting in that manner the bus driver Artis Hughes would be revered as a hero. Artis would be the working class man that stood up to an unruly inner city punk. T-shirts would bear the silhouetted likeness of his signature uppercut. Saying would be coined "Don't get caught with that Artis Uppercut". He'd be interviewed by Russ Parr and Steve Harvey on morning radio talk shows. But Shi'dea Lane is a woman who assaulted a man and he was expected not to react, right?

But we are equals right?
Jean DeGrate has spoken


2 comments:

  1. Did you hear that they said she spat and hit him? I wish he would have controlled himself, but I understand that it was tough

    ReplyDelete
  2. Physically women are no match for a man. What makes that hoodrat (she is undeserving of the title of woman) think she could spit on a BLACK man at that and him not do anything? Your parents teach you two things on the first day of school: Say please and thank you and when someone hits you, hit they ass back. She had it coming.

    ReplyDelete