Wednesday, January 21, 2009

You were making good music so where did you go?

Tweet
Southern Hummingbird is one of my favorite all-time CD’s. It’s definitely one of the best R&B CD’s ever. It’s so soulful so smooth from track to track the transition is flawless. I have at least one Tweet conversation a month so I’m not the only person out here wondering what the fuck happened. Missy stop making these crazy ass songs and awful videos then go track Tweet down lock her in the studio with a carton of Newport’s, a guitar and half gallon on Hennessy and let’s get another CD out by 1st quarter 2009.

Dave Hollister
Truth be told when Dave left Blackstreet I thought he was a fucking fool. Come on now Teddy Riley was a musically genius I know nobody is still listening to any old Guy shit now but back then they were the shit and even though Wrecks n effect was a one hit wonder “Rumpshaker” is still kind of a classic. So just the chance to work with Teddy Riley meant you were going to see some serious money and make some good even though ultra-contemporary music. With that being said just being part of Blackstreet was major come up. When he dropped “Ghetto Hymns” I was like its okay but you were better off with Teddy and them and I had that same feeling when “Chicago ’85” drop I didn’t really feel that CD until late 02. But when I did man that shit was crazy and it wasn’t that over sexed bullshit Teddy and them was putting out. The music he was making is just as relevant in 99 as it is 08. Dave I know you making the Lords music now but do you think you could slide a “Chicago ‘86” out there for us. Thanks in advance.

Maxwell
Just like Tweet I guess Maxwell just said fuck the studio, but unlike Tweet; Maxwell had hit after hit. You and bush was getting radio play to the point that you owned the second half of the 90’s. To top it off you were making real good music a like a Marvin Gaye/Prince hybrid. Every single every CD you were getting a gold or platinum plaque so what the fuck happened? Not that I’m tired of “Now”, “Embrya” or “Urban Hang Suite”, but adding a forth CD to that list would be hot.

Who are your artists that were doing it back in the day and just fell off the map?
Jean DeGrate has spoken

No comments:

Post a Comment